Julia Creek Demographics (QLD) Local Stats

Julia Creek (4823) is a suburb of Northern, Far North, Queensland. It is about 1372 kms from QLD's capital city of Brisbane. Julia Creek is in the federal electorate of Kennedy.

In the 2011 census the population of Julia Creek was 634 and is comprised of approximately 49.2% females and 50.8% males.

The median/average age of the population of Julia Creek is 33 years of age.

89.0% of people living in the suburb of Julia Creek were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 2.4% England, 1.3% New Zealand, 0.8% Netherlands, 0.8% Wales.

94.8% of people living in Julia Creek speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.2% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Julia Creek is 32.3% Anglican, 27.1% Catholic, 17.0% No religion, 9.0% Religious affiliation not stated, 7.4% Uniting Church, 3.5% Presbyterian and Reformed, 1.3% Christian, nfd, 0.9% Baptist, 0.9% Lutheran, 0.5% Buddhism.

47.5% of people are married, 37.7% have never married and 5.5% are divorced and 3.2% are separated. There are 31 widowed people living in Julia Creek.

76.5% of the people living in Julia Creek over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 14.8% are working on a part time basis. Julia Creek has an unemployment rate of 2.2%.

The main occupations of people living in Julia Creek are 31.5% Managers, 20.3% Labourers, 12.8% Machinery operators & drivers, 9.0% Clerical & administrative workers, 7.7% Technicians & trades workers, 6.7% Sales workers, 5.4% Professionals, 3.6% Community & personal service workers, 3.1% Occupation inadequately described/ Not stated.

The main industries people from Julia Creek work in are 46.4% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 13.5% Public administration and safety, 7.9% Retail trade, 7.1% Construction, 6.6% Transport, postal and warehousing, 4.1% Health care and social assistance, 2.6% Inadequately described/Not stated, 2.3% Accommodation and food services, 1.8% Other services.

41.4% of homes are fully owned, and 14.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 35.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $675 per week and the median household income is $1114 per week.

The median rent in Julia Creek is $100 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $1307 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Julia Creek postcode 4823

  • Qpzm LocalStats Queensland Suburb of the Day: Newlands 4804 -> Central Coast -> Queensland